Sunday 3 November 2013

Il est temps pour moi de dire au revoir!

Don't wait for life to find you, find it!

My bags were packed, my plans were finalized, I was leaving Picardie, and heading to Amien and then Paris before embarking on a journey once again back to England.  During the last few weeks, everything had changed, the season and with that the weather, the children were more settled in School, which meant more time, to ponder to myself.  I would go out on a bike, but my hand's would shiver from the crisp, icy autumnal wind, and indeed autumn was finally upon us and my little French summertime adventure was, all but finished.

The night before I was due to leave, I sat Clemence and Louis down, to eat our dinner, When Clemence abruptly said, ‘Natalie, I think you need to find a boyfriend’.
‘Ow... thanks Clemence, but why, I am happy as I am’
‘The world needs more Hettle’s in it, and you need a boyfriend for that.’
‘Well thats not going to happen soon,.’ To which she informed me, I need to have meet the guy I will marry by the time I’m 25 and then stay together for three years, after which we should get married, then after that have children.   
To conclude her answer was‘You just need to look online,’Children of today.

The little, inconspicuous moments, that happen when you work with children are irreplaceable. .. 



So I left this small, quiet village, in the heart of northern France, but I will never forget, how welcomed I was, from the waitress in the local restaurant/park ensemble , all the dinner parties I went to. The uncle, who thought in the Algerian war, and shared his remarkable photos, with me, even taking the children Ice Skating at La boule.

Life is better like this.  


Au revoir, Picardie! Tu me manqué 

No comments: