Tuesday 17 September 2013

'We had seasons in the sun'


But the wine and the song
Like the seasons have all gone.
We had seasons in the sun;
But the stars we could reach
Were just star-fish on the beach.

Perfectly placed lyrics, for my last few weeks in Picardie! Indeed the season in the sun, is for another year, over for me. The mornings are crisp and cold, and I long to stay under my warm duvet for just a few minutes longer. Forgetting to pack for the harsh autumn see’s my poor limbs nearly turn blue. Ow I long for sun again!!
I can let you all reminisce, with a few more photos, from this summer's escapades.

I thought I would entail some more British girl dilemmas in France or more commonly known as cultural differences. I now feel comfortable kissing anyone or anything...French people have so much practice  maybe that's why it’s called the French kiss! Give me a person, and I will kiss you, no problems, although not four times, that just too much for me. So in theory no French person should be a bad kisser??!
 I definitely need to sort out my accent, because I get alot of replies in English, (Tip – Watch Allo Allo), I don’t want to put on a accent because, I think people will think I’m mocking them (Also I do have a ridiculous French accent which tends to come out, after an aperitif or two or three, yes normally takes three) So embarrassment aside, there are some things I don’t know how I will survive without in England.
As for Frenchness, I don’t know how I will survive without Saussison sec, ow my.. And I am now perfectly adjusted to the taste of Red Wine. Also if in doubt just add chesse and pepper to your food, and never overcook, always under cook  Although saying this, you never crave a croissant after a night out, so I will keep my English breakfasts thanks. 

Maybe we could combine the two cultures, and throw in some Finnish must haves (Sauna, snow, etc) Perfect country, or this could just be Europe, which I discover every day, I love more and more.   
The children are back at school, and French kids are lucky enough to get Wednesday of (How nice is that?), this means I have more spare time, and can blog until my heart is content. Also try to prepare for the manic final year of University.

Going back to Terry Jacks song, about Star Fish on the beach, I went to the seaside!!

A tout! 
Nattie x 

No comments: