Tuesday 3 September 2013

Tarte aux pomme, or Pomme aux Tarte!

I feel wayward, blogging about my ‘Tarte aux Pomme’ making, not because it’s actually misbehaving to make Tarte aux Pomme, but because, it’s so French, and should not be attempted around French people, I feel like I’m attempting sacrilege at the very thought... well it could be worse, I could attempt a Croissant!

Although I’m a bit wayward sometimes, so here it goes...



I used, pre-made pastry, as that was already in the fridge, although I prefer making my own, as it’s properly homemade then. In least I used apples from the garden, which I have been dying to make something with all summer.



It really is very simple to make, the only fiddly part is arranging the apples, which is more for aesthetic purposes, so make it as authentic and neat as you like. I followed this video, for French apple tarte, but there are lots of tutorials online.



It tasted good, well by the next morning, it had all mysteriously disappeared – so I only take that as a positive sign.


The big question is which do I prefer the English apple pie or the French 'Tarte aux Pomme?

This was not really a hard decision in hindsight. I have had a love affair with French cakes for years, nothing beats stopping of for a mischievous 'salon de thé' visit (Tearoom/ Boulangerie ) , but this being said it is just too fiddly, it might look creative but English Apple pie with cream, wins my bet. Save, the ‘Tarte Aux Pomme’ for my next ‘salon de thé ’stop.

Let me know what you think.

Nattie x
  

No comments: