Tuesday 27 August 2013

Summer Fruits!

Thriving to rekindle our long lost childhood memories, for rummaging around the fields of Hertfordshire in England, in search of fruit. Along with my two sisters and my mum, we decided, to see if it was as fun as we could remember. Fruit picking in England, becomes a popular activity, around the Strawberry season, which is in June.

I could here the delight of young children, scream, 'daddy look, I'm going to eat it.' as children, gather over the strawberry patches. The Sun was gleaming over the distant hills, and everybody had come here, to feel the fresh country air upon their skin. A day of fun, clearly not only enjoyed by children but adults like me.





So now we have picked our own fruit or veg what do we make with them. The options are endless, but we decided to make some Strawberry Jam.



This was my first attempt at insta video, unfortunately it didn't work out, and we could never load it, so I will load it here.




Really it is super easy to make Jam, you just have to make sure you don't burn the solution, we kept the temperature quiet low and kept stirring.


I brought special Jam sugar, which cost £2, and then the cost of the Strawberries, which was around £5 pounds. It was very fun though, and as per usual I got a bit carried away and made some suitably titled labels for our Jam, titled 'The Jam co' (Which might be a name for a real Jam, if so I'm sorry) I have definately got the Jam making bug now, maybe Nattie & Clare confiture, will be hitting shops soon (If I had a million hours in a day)