Sunday 19 May 2013

Im in love with Finnish Design..

Marrimekko


I remember the time I first set foot into a Marrimekko store in Helsinki. I was instantly in love with this brand, the designs were colorful, bright, fun and set my imagination alight . I couldn't believed I had not heard of Marrimekko before. When I was given the opportunity to present a presentation on something Finnish, it was an obvious choice to write about Marrimekko. Researching the history of this brand, I discovered why this company stays so popular and timeless. It doesn't sell out to the masses and become a trend junky brand, which re-establishes itself each season with a new look, or a new you. It holds true to its ethics of simple, bold, bright designs. They believe these design principles have helped to cheer up Finnish people during the bleak winter months and make people come alive in Summer. 


Note to self, I must buy everything.... 

P.S: Check out Marrimekko. 

xx