Monday 4 February 2013

I'm the cat with bass and drum, going 'round like bom bom bom!

Kiasma, Museum of Contempory arts - Helsinki. 

The first Friday of every month, around two Museums or Art galleries are open to the public for free, in Helsinki. So last Friday I decided to check out Kiasma. In the heart of Helsinki, this irregular shaped building sits among a buzz of busy shoppers and people jostling to catch there train home. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the display of the exhibits inside Kiasma. The museum felt alive with a mixture of film installations, photo-graphical commissions and dramatic structural art.
  One of my favourite pieces was the boom box, installation( found on the fifth floor), which you can see pictures of below. Collecting 'retro' boom boxes and creating a tower of music, each box alive to its own sound. Yes, you would think this just creates a manic, noise inferno, but actually it just made me want to dance. :) 

I would definitely recommend this museum to any art lovers, you will not be left disappointed. 





 'Food for thought', some of these message may be controversial, or are they just a truth we will not accept.











 My friend Cindy, enjoying the view out into Helsinki, looks so nice with the blue backdrop. 
 A political message, or just another, 'crazy' artist. 

England, they included a map, where you would place a sticker, from where you are from. I definitely wasn't the only one from the Uk.

Adios my friends. x