Tuesday 10 September 2013

'I was living for enchanting moments like this.'

This summer became a free-spirited jolly adventure, Cycling as the sun set over the horizon, wind pressing lightly against my face. Passing through ornate french villages, and living, for enchanting moments like this.

I spent my summer, with no restrictions, I would arise to start my day, organize the children I am au pairing for. Plan my fanciful adventures one day at time, this meant discover new things, new memories, myself. I truly felt I was living in the moment. Mingling, with people over an aperitif or two (or three...) and meeting genuinely interesting people.

Each day was the start of something new, picnic’s next to the lake, tent’s in the garden, wild flower walks, feeding the horses, for sometimes the simple things make you the happiest. What about them, rainy days you ask? For northern france, is not the south and those rainy summers are as likely as Sunshine, but listening to the rain, piter patter against the window, reminding me of home, of England , and I was all to used to this.  And sometimes when it rain’s you just have to run.

So ran I did, for the next train to Paris, for the weekend! 


C'est La Vie. 

Au revoir.

Nattie x 



No comments: